About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, September 28, 2015

Final decision - Mech PLUS Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation is now complete!

Yes, as you have seen it. I've made my final decision. I am going Mech. I have received advice from the staff at Battle Bunker and I was strongly advised to go mech. It fits my playstyle anyway, as I'm the Imperial Knight guy who charges my heavily armored knights in front and...instead of charging into combat for melee, uses their ranged weapons to shoot armies to death. I only charge in when I'm desperate, I prefer to keep my Knights back to lay down heavy fire.

So armored Mech it is for me. I love tanks so blob was but a faint and highly unlikely possibility that I would have explored but will not. To me, tanks are the best and throwing a row of AV14 armored tanks into my enemy is just so much fun (though it'll hurt when my opponents throw melta-squads at the oncoming tanks...ouch).

A battery of Wyvern Suppression Tanks. Lots of Leman Russ tanks. I have 2 right now, and I'm planning on adding 2 more. Chimera APCs. Every mech list runs Veterans in Chimeras and I'm going to learn from them. So I've made my final decision, after discussing it at length with the dudes at Battle Bunker. Their best advice? Play something fun and something that fits me, not try and copy what other people do. I might be pleasantly surprised.

Anyway this is my new list. Actually, I should list what I have first.

2 Leman Russ Executioner tanks with plasma cannons, 1 with lascannon

2 Veteran squads with heavy flamer, flamers, plasma guns and maybe 1 meltagun.

2 Vendetta Gunships.

1 Doomhammer superheavy tank

1 Company Command Squad with plasma guns

Now, when I run Mech, I won't include the Doomhammer and Company Command Squad unless it's my Doomhammer super-heavy list, which I guess can also be considered Mech.

Anyway, I'm considering adding these to my collection.

2 Chimera APCs

2 Wyvern Suppression Tanks

1 Leman Russ Punisher tank

1 Leman Russ Demolisher tank

That completes my Mech list where I ditch the Doomhammer and Company Command Squad and instead add a Knight Crusader. The Knight Crusader actually is worth its points as a replacement for Leman Russ tanks. It's essentially 2 Leman Russ Battle Tanks and 1 Leman Russ Punisher tank for 10 points less. Add 40 points for the S8 AP3 3-shot carapace weapon and it will equal the 3 Leman Russ tanks with lascannon upgrades in points. Best, I'm getting all these shots plus the Avenger Gatling shots with RENDING and AP3 (though 8 less than the Punisher cannon) at BS4 at the same cost. Of course, I don't get the AV14 front & AV13 sides and I have 3 hull points less, but I have ion shield to make up for it, AV12 rear against AV10/11, Smash and good melee attacks to make up for it.

Plus I don't have to worry about weapon destroyed or immobilization.

So there you go. A possible list (after I buy what I want) is this:

Knight Commander Pask in Leman Russ Punisher tank with heavy bolters
2 Leman Russ Executioners with plasma cannons, one with lascannon

Veteran squad with heavy flamer and 2 flamers
Chimera APC

Veteran squad with meltagun
Chimera APC

2 Vendetta Gunships

2 Wyvern Suppression Tanks

Leman Russ Demolisher tank

Knight Cruasder with rapid-fire battle cannon and Stormspear rocket pod.

No space to add a 3rd Wyvern, which makes me sad. If I want, I can swap the Knight Crusader for a Stormsword but one of the Veteran squads lose their Chimera. Most likely the flamer squad, who's going to sit back and guard the Wyverns from drop pods and deep striking units. I hope.

Now, for the next news. As the title says, my Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation is finally complete!

I have purchased and built my 3rd and last Onager Dunecrawler. He's the last one left, so with him done, my entire army is complete! I can finally have a game with my Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation! YES!

The last Onager Dunecrawler
If possible, I'll try out my brand-new army in a game on Friday. Assuming nothing happens and I don't oversleep or something.

The next book review will be out on Wednesday or so. I'll make sure I get around to reviewing Mechanicum by Graham McNeill. I've finally finished the Starfist novel, so I can return to reading Warhammer 40K novels. I was going to start on the Adeptus Mechanicus series, Priest of Mars, because I'm so looking forward to reading it and it forms the basis for my story, but I got sidetracked by Flesh and Iron by Henry Zou. I'll read Flesh and Iron first instead. It's an Imperial Guard novel, part of the Bastion Wars series, but it'll be the only book in the series or omnibus that I will read. I'm not too enthusiastic about reading about an Inquisitor or the Blood Gorgons Chaos Space Marines and the 31st Riverine Imperial Guard appeals to me the most. So I'll read it first.

Another reason is that the Adeptus Mechanicus series is a trilogy so I'm planning to read all 3 in a row as opposed to breaking them up. That's why I should finish Flesh and Iron first before I start on them. As an aside, I'll focus on the Adeptus Mechanicus series completely regardless of whether my other novels arrive from online orders. I have ordered Baneblade by Guy Haley, The Emperor's Finest which is a Ciaphas Cain novel by Sandy Mitchell, and the Honor Imperialis, which is an omnibus comprising of three novels, Redemption Corps, Cadian Blood and Dead Men Walking. As I have already written a review on Dead Men Walking, I won't do it again.

I will be doing completely separate reviews for the Adeptus Mechanicus series and Honor Imperialis. That is, I will write a review for Priests of Mars, a 2nd review for Lords of Mars and a 3rd, separate one for Gods of Mars. Similarly, I'll write a review for Redemption Corps and another one for Cadian Blood. Before all these, I will immediately write a review for Flesh and Iron, but I promise, the review for Mechanicum will be out after the next two or three days.

For the Emperor!

No comments:

Post a Comment