About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, October 5, 2015

Skitarii versus Necrons

All right, the Skitarii versus Necrons chapter is now up! You can read the latest chapter of War Convocation here. It features the battle between the Skitarii and the Necrons. Yay.

Here's an excerpt.

The two armies met in a silent clash. Green and silver machine-cold killers collided with red and black mechanical soldiers forcefully, augmented limbs, advanced weaponry and metal ripping into each other. The cold, eerily gleaming metallic skulls of the Necrons stared expressionlessly at the dull, dark and smooth masks of the Skitarii, who returned with hollowed gazes through their goggle augmetics. Where most armies would scream, taunt and roar at their enemies, the two forces fought silently, the army of the Mechanicus communicating through wordless streams of data in their invisible noosphere and the Necrons in their alien, united mentality of annihilating whatever was in their way. Absent was the ferocity and rage with which warriors of all races screamed at their foes, replaced by cold, efficient calculations, methodical murder and ruthless fighting. The only sounds that filled the cavern were the barks of rifles, the shrieks of laser and exotic energies, the thunder of heavy cannons.

I don't know if that sounds good but I was trying to capture the image of silent, mechanical warriors clashing against silent, mechanical warriors, green versus red, silver versus black. Steve Lyons already wrote a story about the Death Korps of Krieg against the Necrons, and I thought why not the Skitarii? I tried to write my own version, but obviously it looks like a failure. I'm an amateur, sorry about that. Oh well. At least I tried.

Anyway, the special rules for the Ghostkneel has been leaked online. I only did the Stormsurge because I couldn't find anything on it online when I first stumbled across the White Dwarf copy (I think the dude got it early), but now that the info's available online, it's fine. Go to Faeit 212 or Bell of Lost Souls for the leaked images and rules.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment