About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Taurox Prime done, and Cohort Cybernetica and Skitarii versus Blood Angels

I managed to build my 2nd Taurox Prime today, and this one has a missile launcher instead of a twin-linked gatling cannon. I thought it will be better to have more options instead of having 2 Taurox Prime with the same weapons.

Taurox Prime with missile launcher
 With this, my Militarum Tempestus platoon is complete. All that's left is my 3rd Vendetta and I can play a 2,500-point Cadian Battle Group (or Draconian Battle Group), or just swap the Stormsword out for the 3 Vendettas. We shall see.

I also had a game today, with my Cohort Cybernetica and Skitarii against Blood Angels. Long story short, it was one-sided and I got tabled pretty quickly (I think by turn 4). I fielded 10 Vanguard, 5 Rangers, 3 Onager Dunecrawlers, 5 Sicarian Infiltrators and a Cohort Cybernetica formation (Tech-Priest Dominus with 2 Kastelan robot maniples), and my opponent had 2 tactical squads, I think, a Furioso Dreadnought, a Death Company with a Chaplain, a Terminator squad, and 2 assault squads. Oh, and 2 Predators with assault cannons and heavy bolters.

Cohort Cybernetica and Skitarii

Blood Angels Predators and stuff

Furioso Dreadnought and Terminators
 Cohort Cybernetica and Skitarii versus Blood Angels

I started first, and my shooting was brutal. I had First Blood, wiping out a tactical squad and cutting the Death company down to just 2 guys. My opponent moved his Dreadnought up and wiped out my Vanguard with sweeping advance after taking 5 guys out in melee, and while he lost 1 Death Company guy to dangerous terrain, his surviving Chaplain survived all the overwatch my Sicarian Infiltrators threw at him and killed 3 of them, causing them to break and flee. His Predators pretty much wiped out my Rangers.

Ouch.

Deploying the Skitarii

Deploying the Cohort Cybernetica

My Onager Dunecrawlers then took 2 hull points off the Dreadnought while my Infiltrators continued to flee. My Kastelan robots fired on the Terminators, but they made all their 2+ armor saves. Then my opponent charged his Dreadnought and took 2 hull points off 1 of my Onager Dunecrawlers, and Deep Strike 2 of his assault squads right in front of my Kastelan robots. I think the combined fire eventually killed 1, but the Cohort Cybernetica was extremely hard to kill, and with It Will Not Die and the Tech-Priest Dominus's Master of Machines, I regained a couple of wounds. Yay.

I retaliated by killing one assault squad with my Kastelan robots, while I lost my Onager Dunecrawler to the Dreadnought. The Chaplain had charged in as well and did a few hull points worth of damage on another Dunecrawler, while my Kastelan robots wiped out the 2nd assault squad on overwatch. No, seriously. Twin-linked heavy phosphor blaster is insane, and if you have 3 of them (9 shots) plus the normal 9 shots...yeah, that's a lot of hits. The Terminators charged in, the Priest issued a challenge to my Dominus and proceeded to beat him up. I lost 2 wounds while doing 2 back, but he made his Feel No Pain. On the bright side, I killed 2 Terminators.

The combat went on, and eventually all my Onager Dunecrawlers were wrecked while doing absolutely no damage to the Chaplain and Dreadnought, who proceeded to charge my Kastelan robots. In the meantime, my Tech-priest Dominus had finally succumbed to the Priest's challenge and died while doing absolutely nothing, but I killed a couple more Terminators. In the end, when we decided to call the game after I lost another 2 of my Kastelan robots and all of my Cybernetica Datasmiths, he had his Chaplain, Dreadnought, Priest and 1 Terminator left. I was tabled. Well, not true, I still had a single Kastelan robot left, but it was only a matter of time before he got ripped apart by the Furioso Dreadnought. Sigh.

Oh, and don't forget there was still a 2nd tactical squad hiding in the ruins somewhere. Argh. It was a crushing defeat, to say the least.

Never mind, I'll challenge him again with my Imperial Guard and see if my Leman Russ tanks can take revenge for the Adeptus Mechanicus. For the Emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment