About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Minneapolis

All right. Big news, everybody.

I'm in Minneapolis!

That's right. I'm no longer in Singapore. Starting this fall, I will be studying in the University of Minnesota, so I'll be staying in Minneapolis for about 5 years or so. I hope. I had best not screw around with studying, I want that PhD after all, and my research ideas are fun. I enjoy research and literature, after all. So yeah, I had best focus on that.

That said, I'm not going to be studying 24/7, so if I have a chance I'll try to jump back into wargaming. My friend at Battle Bunker is kind enough to agree to ship over my Imperial Guard army (and 1 Imperial Knight) over to Minneapolis so I can continue wargaming here. With that said, I'm going to ask if there's anyone who wargames in Minneapolis. What are the shops here? I've checked out Fantasy Flight Games, but while they have the board games, RPGs and Conquest (card game) for Warhammer 40K, they do not seem to have the miniatures. So I don't know if they play miniatures there.

I've checked out Fountain Place, down at Castlemoor, but wow...it's so far away from my rented apartment. Anyone can tell me if there's any other branch, or do I have to travel about 2 hours to get there every time I want to wargame? Ugh...

There's also Universe Games and Dream Vault, but they all seem so far away, and Universe Games - the nearest I can find so far - seem to have a fixed time schedule for games. That is, they only have miniature games on Tuesday mornings, and obviously I'll be in campus then so...that's a no for me. Ugh.

The only alternative is to save up, buy a car and drive to Games Workshop at Castlemoor every weekend. I'll see what I can do, I'll get a part-time job and stuff.

Anyway, that's the news, I hope you guys continue to enjoy Warhammer 40K, especially with all the Chaos Space Marines rumors inbound and stuff. And if any of you happen to live in Minneapolis, please help me out here and introduce me to a place for wargaming!

For the Emperor!

No comments:

Post a Comment