About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Kingsblade from Black Library

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been busy. Graduate school and all that, plus I have no money for the Burning of Prospero set, or I will be all over it. Thousand Sons was my favorite pre-Heresy Legion, after all.

However, this was something that caught my eye. Black Library has announced a list of books that are "coming soon", and one of the books due to be released in February is something I am really looking forward to.


Yup. Kingsblade by Andy Clark. It's one of the very few Imperial Knights novel (the first and only so far has been written by Graham McNeill, Knights of the Imperium, which I have already written a review for on this blog), so I am looking forward to getting my hands on it. It's not up for pre-order, but I do have a Remind Me option to remind me of the book's release in February next year. I can't wait!

It's an Imperial Knights novel, and the details on the Black Library website are as follows:

When a tragedy occurs and an Imperial retribution force is shattered, two young Imperial Knight pilots must work together and learn the ways of war if they – or the world of Donatos – are to survive.

The Knight Houses of Adrastapol are both noble and righteous, and when the Imperial world of Donatos falls to the heresy of the Word Bearers, they are foremost in the vanguard to retake it. Led by High King Tolwyn Draconis, the Knights are peerless in battle and strike deep into the enemy’s ranks. But the war soon turns when a terrible tragedy strikes, casting the Imperial campaign into anarchy. As desperation grows, unblooded Knights Errant Danial and Luk must quickly learn the ways of war to prevent an unholy ritual or Donatos will be lost and all the noble Houses of Adrastapol with it.

YAY! At long last, we're getting an Imperial Knights novel (c'mon, Knights of the Imperium can only be counted as a short novella at best)! Praise the Emperor! You can take a closer look on the Black Library website!

Oh, and there's also The Devine Adoratrice by Graham McNeill, which is a short story set in the Horus Heresy series regarding House Devine and the Knight Raeven Devine. It's a prequel to Vengful Spirit, so to be honest, I'm not very excited about this one because I didn't really like Vengeful Spirit. I didn't read the whole book (I will eventually when I have the money, but I basically skimmed through it in the bookstore, and honestly...it was a mess. Too many characters, too many things happening all at once, overused conspiracy cliches and ugh...a messy plot) so I can't write a fair review about it, but from what I read, I wasn't very fond of it. You can check the details of The Devine Adoratrice again on its specific Black Library webpage.

As an aside, please visit the Regimental Standard for your weekly dose of Guardsmen news. This time they have a hilarious article regarding the Sisters of Silence. I actually burst out laughing reading this particular article, at Guardsman Perkins's expense. That's how funny it is. Read it, I assure you it's worth it. Otherwise, I'll use my Commissariat authority to summarily punish you.

No comments:

Post a Comment