About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Black Library Verified by Visa

This is a frustrating problem that has been going on for days now, but I am unable to purchase the books from Black Library with my visa. Apparently Verified by Visa is blocking me from using my card, even though I'm pretty sure I filled out the right details.

As such, the book reviews will not be coming for a very long time. Either I'll have to call them soon, or I'll have to visit a TCF bank branch and check with them what this is all about. I think I'll give up eventually. It's just too much hassle, and the total cost of the books I tried to buy is over US$300. Not exactly a luxury I can spend on my student stipend. So...all right, I give up. Sigh.

On other news, I did pre-order the Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia and the Triumvirate of the Imperium, but once again the Verified by Visa thing bugged me and I resorted to paying for my purchase through PayPal. That means I'll at least be able to write a review and the usual spoiler summary for Fall of Cadia like I did for Mont'ka and Wrath of Magnus. So don't worry about it. I'll at least get that settled without any problems. Funnily enough, the Triumvirate of the Imperium is listed as temporarily out of stock so I've no idea how I managed to pre-order it, but whatever. I paid for it, and if they can't deliver it, I should get a refund. I hope. The book itself should arrive without a hitch or so I hope. Or maybe they'll delay the delivery until the Triumivrate of the Imperium becomes available again.

So the Black Library books are most likely not coming while Fall of Cadia will definitely be arriving - if it's late, it's late. Not that people are checking my blog for spoilers and reviews/analyses anyway, so I don't think that matters. I'm looking forward to analyzing the Adeptus Mechanicus Grand Convocation and the Conclave Acquisitorius. I might actually have the models to form the Conclave Acquisitorius once I get my hand on the good old Archmagos Belisarius Cawl. I think I might actually get a second Tech-priest Dominus, and either convert my Kataphron Destroyers into Kataphron Breachers or buy 2 sets of Kataphron Breachers for the Holy Requisitioner formation. Well, it's unconfirmed, but I can field the Battle Maniple (I already have one for my Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation), I just need a 2nd Tech-Priest Dominus and the 6 Breachers (or convert my Destroyers) for the Holy Requisitioner, and I already have the Cybernetica Cohort and Baronial Court. Of course, if I field everything, it'll probably cost over 4,000 points. Uh, okay...yeah, that's a lot.

My Imperial Knights in a Baronial Court costs about 1,665 alone. My Battle Maniple should be about 110+75+170+185+75+450= 1,065. Holy Requistioner should be 105+2x180=465. Cybernetica Cohort would be 290x2+60+30+135=805. If I'm not mistaken, Archmagos Belisarius Cawl himself costs 200 points. The total tally or total required points of Conclave Acquisitorius should add up to 1,665+1,065+465+805+200=4,200. Okay, that's a lot of points. And I mean a lot. As much as I'm proud to own a Conclave Acquisitorius, who the hell is going to play 4,200 points with me?! Hell, never mind 4,200, who's going to play 4,000-point games with me? It makes for a fluffy army, but let's be serious. I will hardly find an opponent willing to face down 4 Imperial Knights alongside with a full Skitarii Battle Maniple and 4 Kastelan robots...and if I do, it'll probably be Wraithknight spam anyway.

So what should I do? Well, we'll think over it some more when I finally get the book.

1 comment: