About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Movement

All right, I see Movement in Warhammer Community!

Okay...bad pun. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm sure you can just read what they have, but to sum it up, here's what they have:

All units will have their own individual movement. So instead of the standard 6" movement, Guardsmen will move slower than Harlqeuins who will move slower than Hormaguants. Stuff like that. I think Chimeras and Tauroxes will move faster than the lumbering behemoths, Leman Russ tanks, and Taurox Primes and Hellhounds will move faster than all of them.

Flyers will have their own minimum and maximum speed, so fighters will move faster than bombers. I'm not sure how the Valkyrie or Vendetta gunships will factor into this, but I'm guessing they'll have a larger minimum movement speed than bombers and smaller minimum movement speed than fighters. I mean, they're gunships. I think there will still be the hovering and zooming rules that will come into play.



You do running in Movement phase now, not shooting. But if you move, then run (in the same phase), you can't shoot. Pretty straightforward.

We can fall back in combat now. You can choose to fall back during the movement phase by moving away from your enemy. It sucks for us Guardsmen if we fall back from combat because we're so weak in melee. Not only that, we get punished for being charged because if we fall back, we can't advance, shoot and charge that turn. Worse, we can still get shot at and charged at. What the hell!?

On the other hand, this apparently opens up tactical options for the Imperial Guard, because we can bait the enemy to charge at our squad in front, then fall back so that the other squads at the back can fire at the melee enemy in overlapping arcs of fire. I don't know how this will work in practice, but hey, I play tanks, not Guardsmen. So...I don't know. I wonder what happens if tanks and vehicles (non-walkers) get locked in combat. Do we lose our shooting and stuff if we fall back? It's not as if my Leman Russ tanks can fight back in combat.

Tomorrow we'll have a psychic phase, which I'll update you on...because I might eventually get a Thousand Sons army to help my loyalist Imperial Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus. No, you heard that right. Apparently I'm planning to write a stupid story, titled Mere Mortals, where the Draconian Imperial Guard Armored regiment and their Imperial Knight allies of House Yato are drawn into a conflict with the Death Guard and a Nurgle Daemon Prince, and the Thousand Sons intervene with their own agendas...

No comments:

Post a Comment