About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Faction Focus: Death Guard

Wait, what? There's a Faction Focus on Death Guard? This soon?! Wow! AWESOME! They had better do a Faction Focus on the Thousand Sons too, just to be fair...



Seems like Death Guard is still the same tough, resilient but slow, shambling Zombie...ahem, Plague Marines that we all know and love. And yeah, they seem to Feel No Pain. Plus Poison weapons. Cool.



Okay, yeah...that looks horrific and ugly. Oh boy...

How does Death Guard play in the new edition? First, you can take Plague Marines as Troops, like how you take Rubric Marines as Troops for the Thousand Sons. They all get Disgustingly Resilient, which is basically Feel No Pain. Thanks to Instant Death being gone this Edition, even if you get hit with high strength weapons now, it just means you need to make multiple Disgustingly Resilient rolls. I mean, high strength weapons deal more than 1 Damage now.



Plague Marines are still Toughness 5. That's tough! Plague knives allow you to re-roll wound rolls of 1s in close combat. And they carry a blight launcher, which is an Assault 2, Strength 6, AP -2 that deals D3 Damage at 24" range. Yeah, and these guys are Troops. Uh oh.

Then you have the Poxwalkers, which are basically Death Guard Tzaangors. They are cheap, and they also have Disgustingly Resilient. Disgusting. Looks like they are Fearless too. My goodness, they are real zombies. I mean, zombies are Fearless, but they also have the rule Curse of the Walking Pox, which allows you to add a new Poxwalker to the unit every time they slay an enemy infantry model. Bloody hell, that's scary. Keep them away from my Guardsmen! To make matters worse, if you bring Typhus, he increases their Strength and Toughness by 1 if he's right next to them!



Oh boy...just oh boy.

The Death Guard also have a psychic Nurgle power called Miasma of Pestilence, which allows the blessed (?) unit to subtract 1 from To Hit rolls of enemy units firing at it. What the hell, isn't that unfair? My Imperial Guard army stands no chance against these guys.

I'm sick of hearing Death Guard already...ugh. Death Guard will be the death of me.

Anyway, we have Orks on Thursday, but I doubt I'll be covering that because I'm not a fan of Orks. Unless they talk about Stompas, Deff Dreads, Morkanauts, Gorkanauts and Killa Klans. Maybe. I don't know. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment