About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Renegades, Dark Angels and Tau versus Adeptus Mechanicus

I went to the shop yesterday after studying and...oh gosh, I went and studied and read the wrong readings for the wrong week. I hope my professor doesn't mind, but honestly it's not looking too good. Anyway, pushing those troubles out of my mind, I decided to go down to Dreamers Vault after studying.

Apparently they had a Renegade tournament since morning, and the person in charge told me it'll be a monthly affair. I wonder if they will be able to give some of the profits earned from the $20 registration fee to the store. I mean, they're making use of the store as a venue for the tournament, so at least uh...acknowledge that.

But by the Emperor, were those armies fearsome. I saw a Space Marine army, a Tau army with that gigantic 1,200-point Supremacy Suit surrounded by 69 Drones and a few Commanders, an Imperial Guard army with a Shadowsword (woohoo!) and an army with a single Imperial Knight. And then there was an Imperial Guard army with a Valkyrie allied with Primaris Space Marines. Oh, and I saw a bunch of Chaos Daemons allied (yes, allied) with Genestealers and other Tyranid units. What a whacky but monstrous composition.

I really want to play against them, but boy, I want to support the store, and the $20 registration fee was a bit too steep for me. Ouch.

I heard the Tau with the Supremacy suit got 3rd place. I don't know who got first and second place, but I look forward to playing against that thing one day. Not in a tournament, but in a casual environment.

Anyway, so I didn't take part in the Renegade tournament. What did I do? I played with a couple of great and good-natured kids who wanted to play a big game. Apparently they combined their armies together and had a mixed Tau and Dark Angels army at 144 Power Level points. Their army wasn't battle-forged, to be honest. They only had 1 HQ for the Dark Angels, an Interrogator-Chaplain, and an Ethereal for the Tau, but seriously, you can't just take them in the same Detachment. But I let it pass because let's be serious, I just want to play. I don't really care about the Battle Forge and whatever, I wanted to have fun, and these kids also wanted to have fun. So if we have to bend the rules a little, then yeah.

We didn't play the Konor Campaign because it would have been weird. As much as I wanted to play one last battle for the Konor campaign, I don't think that would have been appropriate with a non-battle forged army, and the kids just wanted to kill things instead of playing objectives. Oh well. Fine by me. At least my victories last week and on Monday had some meaning - I hoped they made a difference to the Imperial effort on Loebos! We'll find out the result tomorrow.

The kids combined their Dark Angels army with their Tau army. Hmm, they brought an Ethereal, one squad of 10 Pathfinders, one squad of 10 Fire Warriors (Strike Team, I believe), 3 Crisis Suits, each of them having a bunch of Drones, and 3 Stealth suits who didn't take Drones for some reason. The Dark Angels army consisted of an Interrogator-Chaplain, a Company Veteran Squad of 10 in a Razorback, 3 Tactical squads of 10 Space Marines each, a Devastator squad with plasma cannons (5 dudes), a Rhino that carried one of the tactical squads I mentioned earlier, an assault squad of 5 jump-pack Marines, a Scout squad of 4 snipers and 1 missile launcher, 2 squads of 3 Bikers each, and 1 Land Speeder. Because I had 3 Imperial Knights, they decided to borrow an Imperial Knight as well. So they took a Knight Warden to round out their army. Did I miss anything? That's about all I remember for now.

That added up to a total of 144 power level for their army. I actually only had 124 power level with 3 Imperial Knights, Belisarius Cawl, 4 Kastelan Robots and a Cybernetica Datasmith, and 2 Onager Dunecrawlers (one with neutron laser, the other with Icarus array). So I added another 21 power level points with a Tech-priest Dominus, a 3rd Onager Dunecrawler (this time with neutron laser) and a squad of 10 Skitarii Vanguard with 3 plasma calivers and Omnispex. Cool, eh? I ended up with a 145 power level army.

Then we deployed our units as close to each other as possible. I mean, it's a killing game, so what do you expect? As I finished deploying first because I had less units, I started first, and they failed to seize the initiative.

Turn 1

Okay, this turn was brutal. I wiped out almost half their army on my first turn. The Vanguard opened fire with their Radium Carbines, and I think they failed to do much except kill 1 Drone or something. I then fired on the Crisis Suits with the 3 plasma calivers, overcharging them, and despite the re-rolls Belisarius Cawl provided, I rolled a 2nd one and one of them died. Still, I managed to wipe out 1 Crisis Suit and a bunch of Drones because of the 2 damage of an overcharged plasma caliver. Yay!

Belisarius and the Cybernetica Datasmith fired their Solar Atomiser and gamma pistol at the Razorback and took off 4 wounds or something. The 2 Onager Dunecrawlers fired their neutron lasers at the Imperial Knight and took off a huge chunk of wounds, slowing him down. Their Cognis heavy stubbers fared better than the Vanguard's radium carbines and I killed a bunch of Fire Warriors and all the Drones, bringing them down to 5 Fire Warriors. The Onager Dunecrrawler fired his Icarus array and wiped out the remaining Crisis Suits. The Kastelan Robots erased the Pathfinders and their drones with their heavy phosphor blasters.

And then it was my Knights' turn. The Knight Warden brought the Razorback down to just 1 wound with his meltagun, failing to kill it. Damn. I then killed the first biker squad with his Avenger Gatling cannon and put 4 wounds on the Land Speeder with his twin Icarus autocannons. The Knight Errant and Knight Paladin fired their Stormspear rocket pods at the enemy Knight Warden but I don't think I did much damage, and horrifically I fluffed my shots for my Knight Errant's thermal cannon. I really have bad luck with that thing. Ugh. But funnily enough it was my Knight Paladin's rapid-fire battle cannon that did the most damage, bringing the Knight Warden down to 10 health. Nice. Needless to say, their heavy stubbers did nothing to the Devastator squad in cover. Oh well.

I then charged and blew up the Land Speeder with my Knight Warden, and despite my Knight Errant charging in to kill the enemy Knight Warden, I only dealt 1 wound, which was 6 damage, and brought him down to 4 health. Thankfully, that meant the enemy Knight Warden only swung back on a 5+ and he also took 6 wounds off my poor Knight Errant. My Knight Paladin had better luck than him but worse luck than my Knight Warden, charging and killing only 2 Bikers.

By the end of my turn, almost all the Tau had been wiped out save for 5 Fire Warriors, the Ethereal and 3 Stealth suits who hadn't deep strike yet.

The kids' turn came, and then they had the lone surviving biker fall back, the Razorback retreat and disembarked the Company Veterans from within. The wounded Knight Warden also fell back. The Rhino moved forward and the tactical squad disembarked from it, and the Stealth Suits, Assault Marines and Scout Squad all Deep Striked 9" away from my units.

The Company Veterans, the Interrogator-Chaplain and 1 tactical squad fired on my Knight Warden, and they did absolutely zero damage, or if they did, I made my armor saves. The Fire Warriors and the Assault squad, on the other hand, killed 3 of my Skitarii Vanguard. Ouch. I just realized I made a horrible mistake. My Skitarii Vanguard had Omnispex, and yet I gave the kids the 1+ to their cover save instead of ignoring it. I am so stupid. Never mind, given how I was steamrolling them one-sidedly, I guess I can deal with that handicap. Anyway, the Stealth suits fired on my Onager Dunecrawler, and the fusion blaster got a wound through, only to roll a 1 for damage. Whoops. The scouts did absolutely nothing with their sniper rifles, and instead of aiming for my Tech-priest Dominus or Belisarius Cawl, they took potshots at my Onager Dunecrawler and did absolutely nothing. The missile launcher, on the other hand, did some damage to my Knight Errant.

The 2 tactical squads, Knight Warden, Devastators, Rhino and I think that's it, all fired on my Knight Errant and did lots of damage to him, leaving him with 6 or so wounds. I think. I can't remember. I know the Ethereal charged in and did even more damage, leaving him with 1 or 2 wounds. But the Tactical Squad also charged in and they took off the last wound off my Knight Errant by sheer luck and volume of rolls (I also failed all my saves for that Knight very badly) and he was wrecked. So the kids took out one of my Knights before I could take down their Knight. Nice going! Great job! Too bad I didn't blow up, but I would also have caught my Knight Paladin in the explosion so maybe that's a good thing. Oh, and the company Veterans and Interrogator-Chaplain charged my Knight Warden. It didn't go very well for them, and they failed to wound my Knight while I stomped four of the Company Veterans out of existence, leaving just one survivor and the Interrogator-Chaplain.

Turn 2

Well, so far I only lost 1 Knight Errant and 3 Skitarii Vanguard troopers. And they lost half their army. It was only going to get worse for them. Poor dudes.

I blew up the Razorback with combined shooting from my Cybernetica Datasmith and Belisarius Cawl. Why do both of them have to shoot at a Razorback with only 1 wound left? Well...because they made its 6+ save agaisnt the Cybernetica Datasmith's gamma pistol. Oh well. At least good old Belisarius destroyed it. Anyway, other than that, my first Onager Dunecrawler fired his neutron laser and slew the Knight Warden. Finally. Now I claimed a Knight kill of my own. The other one fired his neutron laser at the Rhino, but amazingly enough the kids made a 2nd 6+ save (because the Rhino was in cover). Oh well.

The Skitarii Vanguard wiped out the assault marines with their radium carbines and plasma calivers. My Onager Dunecrawler with Icarus array fired at the Stealth suits and only killed 2 of them, and then the Kastelan Robots opened up. I had each of the Kastelan Robots target different targets. and I think the first two killed a 10-men tactical squad. The 3rd killed the 5 Fire Warriors, and the 4th took out the last, remaining Stealth Suit. My Knight Warden vaporized the last surviving Company Veteran with his meltagun, then proceeded to kill about 8 or so Space Marines in the tactical squad further down the distance.

My Knight Paladin then killed the Devastators with plasma cannons with his rapid-fire battle cannon, took a few wounds off the Rhino with his Stormspear rocket pod, and then charged and annihilated a 3rd tactical squad in combat with his Titanic Feet.

At the end of my turn, the kids only had a 5-men scout squad, a single Interrogator-Chaplain, a single Biker, a wounded Rhino and 2 Tactical Space Marines left. Oh, and the Ethereal. Don't forget the Ethereal.

They tried a last-ditch attack with their Scouts, Rhino and Space Marines, shooting whatever they could, but none of them wounded my Knight Paladin, and I made whatever saves against the wounds they did get through. With their assault failed, and with so little of their army left on the table, they surrendered. Man, I wanted to see their Ethereal charge my Knight Paladin in combat, but oh well. Poor kids.

I kind of feel bad for crushing them so one-sidedly. I need a more kid-friendly army. Knights aren't exactly kid-friendly. Oh well. But yeah, I wiped out almost 90% of their army, and they only took out one Knight and 3 Skitarii Vanguard. And that lasted all of 2 turns.

At least they had fun! They were so happy when they took out my Knight Errant, and charging him. And they were enjoying themselves with the Deep Strike when their dudes dropped in front of my Skitarii Vanguard and obliterated 3 of them. Heh. Maybe next time I'll let them have the first turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment