About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, September 14, 2017

unLucky Lucius

Today we finally get a preview of the forge world Lucius!



I'm not sure if it's just me, but I feel like they have gotten the short end of the stick with their forge world dogma. It feels entirely underwhelming to me. I mean, it's...



Ugh. Not exactly very practical. I wish they would have something that adds +1 to their saves instead. You know, to buff their 6++ invulnerable save to 5++, and the Tech-priests Dominus, Cybernetica Datasmith, Onager Dunecrawlers and Kastelan Robots' to 4++? This just feels a bit underwhelming. Furthermore, it's only useful against certian weapons like autocannons, heavy flamers and the bolt rifles the Primaris Marines are sporting. They still die like flies to plasma (which is the new melta), melta and other powerful weapons.



Well...at least it helps against autocannons, heavy flamers and bolt rifles...and those tesla stuff Necron Immortals use. It also makes the Kataphron Breachers a bit sturdier against these very specific weapons.



On the other hand, Lucius has some cool Stratagems. Just look at this!



Oh wow. now this is amazing. This is really cool and allows your Adeptus Mechanicus to be a lot more mobile even without transports. Nice.

But the most amazing takeaway of this article? Not the Lucius forge world dogma or the Lucius Stratagems. It's this particular Stratagem that is availble to all Adeptus Mechanicus armies, all forge worlds.





Holy Omnissiah! Pairing your Kastelan Robots and Kataphron Destroyers will buff their BS to 3+, and if you place Belisarius Cawl next to them and use this (and Wrath of Mars), you'll kill almost anything. This is just amazing. Sweet! I look forward to blowing all my Command Points on these new, amazing Stratagems!

Oh, and you get to shoot twice if you activate this Stratagem when your Kastelan Robots are in Protector Protocol. Just...wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment