About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, October 12, 2017

De-Commissar-ing a Psyker, and name change for Draconians

Okay, the plasma guns and Tech-priest Enginseer are back on stock in the Games Workshop web store, and I ordered them along with 5 Cadians. Like I said, I'm planning to kitbash the Draconians with plasma guns. Furthermore, the Primaris Psykers are...temporarily out of stock. No matter. I went and ordered a Commissar instead. And I plan to kitbash a Guardsman into a Primaris Psyker, gonna fiddle with the lasgun bits and convert them into a force stave somehow.

Why Commissar? I swapped the Primaris Psyker and Astropath out for a Lord Commissar because I realized I was going to need one for the morale of my men. Furthermore, I also needed a decent melee combatant to fight alongside my Guardsmen, and a Lord Commissar fitted the role more than a Psyker. I think one psyker is enough unless I'm planning on running them forward to spam Smite, but otherwise...yeah.

I was more worried about morale since I would be running three infantry squads, and I plan to Consolidate Squads with them. We shall see. In any case, my list looks like this now:

Spearhead Detachment (Cadian) Tank Commander - Leman Russ main battle tank with plasma cannons and lascannon 2 Leman Russ main battle tanks with 3 heavy bolters each Leman Russ main battle tank with 3 heavy flamers
Leman Russ Executioner with lascannon and plasma cannons Heavy weapon squad with 3 lascannons. Supreme Command Detachment (Cadian) Company Commander with plasma pistol Primaris Psyker
Lord Commissar Shadowsword with 3 twin heavy bolters and 2 lascannons Battalion Detachment (Vostroyan) 2 Company Commanders with boltguns 2 Command Squads with 4 plasma guns each 3 infantry squads with 1 plasma gun and 1 boltgun (Sergeant) each

Yup. Lord Commissar. I'll have to kitbash the Draconian (Cadian) Company Commander as well by swapping the lasgun for a plasma pistol. We'll see how it goes. And I have no idea how to turn lasguns into a force stave, but again, we shall see how it goes. I still have a bunch of Skitarii bits, so perhaps I can use those to come up with some zany design.

It seems my Shadowsword has arrived yesterday, so I can pick it up on Saturday. I have also ordered the plasma gunners, Lord Commissar and other stuff like I said, so the only things left to buy are 2 Company Command Squads and a Leman Russ Demolisher, which I will pick up from my local gaming store. Maybe next month I'll get a second Leman Russ Demolisher kit, and replace the heavy flamers Leman Russ main battle tank with a second Leman Russ Executioner. I love plasma.

Oh, and I've been experimenting with the fluff, and I think Draconian Armored Defenders sound better than Draconian Armored Dragons. So my Imperial Guard regiments of Draconis III will be Draconian Armored Defenders instead. I wonder what you guys think? Should I stick to Dragons, or does Defenders sound more practical?

There's also the option of just turning everything into Catachan because Charlie will force me into it with his elite ideas. I can imagine him shouting at me, "Take Catachan! The mathhammer proves that I am right, and that you must only take Catachan for your tanks!"

Spearhead Detachment (Catachan) Tank Commander - Leman Russ main battle tank with plasma cannons and lascannon 3 Leman Russ main battle tank with 3 heavy flamers
Leman Russ Executioner with lascannon and plasma cannons Supreme Command Detachment (Catachan) Company Commander with plasma pistol
Primaris Psyker
Lord Commissar
Stormsword with twin heavy bolters, 2 twin heavy flamers and 2 lascannons Battalion Detachment (Catachan) 2 Company Commanders with boltguns and power swords 2 Command Squads with heavy flamer and 3 flamers each 3 infantry squads with 1 flamer, and 1 boltgun and power sword (Sergeant) each

So yeah. But no doubt Charlie will still rip this list apart and provide some new mathhammer on how I should minimize-maximize my list to get the mathetically strongest army possible. Except that I don't have the models. Oh well. Oh, no doubt he'll tell me to drop my Leman Russ Executioners and tell me I should only field Leman Russ Punishers with heavy flamers. He'll tell me how plasma on Leman Russ tanks suck, and I should never field them. And he'll be telling me if I want so many heavy flamers and flamers, I'm better off taking Hellhounds instead. Oh, and also that Stormsword is overcosted and not worth it, so I should drop it.

Well, we'll wait for him to order me on what I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment