About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Armiger Warglaives

Whoops, I was caught napping yesterday (played too much Titanfall 2 at night after spending the whole day grading midterms and preparing taxes), and I completely missed out on this awesome article. Stupid of me. May the Emperor forgive my lack of vigilance.

Anyway, Warhammer Community has dedicated a post to the Armiger Warglaives! Let's see what they've got.



As you all know by now, the Armiger Warglaives are basically baby Imperial Knights. They are the smallest lightweight class of Knights. They trade a bit of firepower and durability in exchange for higher speed and flexibility - especially in terms of points. You can bet I'll add a couple of them to my army of Imperial Knights (I already have 3 of them and I can't wait to expand on my Knight army!).



Cool, right?



Maybe during the summer holidays I'll try to write a short story or something. I just don't have the time during semester. Ugh.

Anyway, you can read the lore in the Warhammer Community article. Long story short, these guys are piloted by lesser nobility or commoners who have proven their value in war (much like my Draconian Guardsmen), to support their bigger, higher-ranked noble cousins in the more massive and traditional chasis of Imperial Knights.





But we're more interested in the tabletop, right?



They are still Lords of War, no surprise there. If I get about 3 of them and add them to my 3 Imperial Knights, I can get 2 Super-heavy Detachments and 6 bonus Command Points. I wonder if my opponents will rage.



They have a 14" movement, Toughness 7 and 12 wounds (huh, less durable than a Leman Russ tank) but also have a 5++ ion shield save and 3+ armor save, so not too bad. So they're basically expendable Distraction Armigers to protect my bigger Knights from the anti-tank weaponry.



They have a miniature version of the thermal cannon, which is the thermal spear. Basically a normal meltagun with much larger range than either a meltagun or multimelta D3 assault shots. Good thing they're assault so no -1 penalty to hit rolls when you move. And you can advance and shoot with them (while incurring the -1 penalty) if you want to get within the 15" melta range.



For melee, they have 4 Attacks. And apparently they are Strength 6, so their Reaper Chain-Cleaver will deal 4 Strength 12 attacks at AP -3 and 3 Damage each.



They don't seem to have Titanic Feet and it also sees that they have a heavy stubber (or meltagun) as a carapace weapon but no one mentions that. I guess they consider such small-arms weapons insignificant.



I suspect they will appear in their own boxes soon, but for now I'm looking forward to collecting them from Forgebane.



I might just build a small Necrons army while at it, but I doubt it. I don't even have the money for my Thousand Sons army (for now all I have are Rubric Marines, Ahriman, a Sorcerer in Terminator Armor, Scarab Occult Terminators and a Mutalith Vortex - gonna be a long time before I get a Daemon Prince and Tzaangors from the Changecult box to finish it). We'll see. Anyway, for the Emperor and the Omnissiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment